Sunday, June 14, 2009

What have I done?


This morning I was sleepily watching the news, while still tucked under my Jonty Rhodes themed bedspread, when I heard something about the people of Bangladesh rising up as one to crucify their captain Mohammad Ashraful. It seems that I'm not the only one tired of their useless displays. Now the Bangladeshi people are also fed up of switching on their TV sets to tune in to their heroes at the latest cricketing tournament, only to see the Bangladesh players walking with their heads hung in shame from the cricketing field to the plane bringing them home.

Because I'm a bit of an egomaniac, I figured my post from last week must have put been the catalyst, and felt genuinely guilty.

That was until I read the report.

About a dozen furious supporters rallied at Dhaka airport, carrying placards and chanting "resign, resign" at Ashraful, who apologised for Bangladesh's failure.


A dozen? Oh come on! Tell me there was at least an effigy or two?

3 comments:

Lulu on June 15, 2009 at 8:53 AM said...

:( Poor Ash...

Darren Buser on June 15, 2009 at 1:17 PM said...

He says he wants to remain captain but he's just not a good choice. They need someone with a steady head on their shoulders. Sadly, Ash leads by example...and not in a good way.

Lulu on June 16, 2009 at 4:28 AM said...

I agree that there would be benefits if Ashraful concentrated more on his own game... but then who else could be captain?

Post a Comment

 

The Commentary Position Copyright © 2009 BeepTheGeek is Designed by Gaganpreet Singh