Friday, June 5, 2009

A brief introduction


Hi, I'm Darren.

"Hi Darren."

And I am a cricket addict. My co-blogger Roscoe has a similar unhealthy obsession, and we intend to enable our obsessions with this cricket blog.

My dad once asked me, "Why cricket, son?"

To which I responded, "Dad, you old codger, its everything about the sport. The way the ball skips along a wet outfield. The smell of leather. The roar of a crowd. The chance to see unbridled athleticism and skill from earths equivalent of Gods. But most of all, when that ball hits the back of the net, its the only time in my life that I truly feel free."

My dad pointed out I was thinking of football and once we had established exactly which sport was cricket (its the one with the bat, red ball and sticks in the ground), I told him that my feelings for cricket were like those for football. Only free-er.

Thus ends the first of many sub-par updates.

3 comments:

Sean Thompson said...

that bio sound like my obsession for cricket. a lot of my friends have also asked my that same question "why cricket" and it is one of those un explainables it is also just like you said every thing about it. I want to find a way that I can mix science and cricket together so that I can make some money from my obsession.

Darren Buser on June 11, 2009 at 6:08 PM said...

Crack time travel. Go back and ensure Donald makes THAT run. Place bet on last ball victory for SA.

Sean Thompson said...

ah just thinking about that fateful moment when we came so close sends shivers down my spine

Post a Comment

 

The Commentary Position Copyright © 2009 BeepTheGeek is Designed by Gaganpreet Singh