Thursday, June 11, 2009

Natalie Portman


My secret shame is about to be revealed. This blog is actually moonlighting from my real gig, which is the running of www.natalieportman.com

It's shameful because Natalie is not a cricketer. Not even a women's cricketer. She's never starred in a movie about cricket and in all likelihood knows as much about cricket as I know about the periodic table (its not a real table, right?).

But I've always dreamed about having crossover cricket and Natalie news. In fact, I mentioned as much when I gave The Commentary Position a punt on the other site.

And lo and behold...crossover news! Okay, this is pretty tenuous stuff but I'll take what I can get.

The blog Cricket With Balls (nice logo, sirs) is running a poll about Australia's swift exit from the tournament. The ultra positive option is - "Better than rubbing myself with butter and Natalie Portman".

Cricket, Natalie Portman, Butter...this is a great day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She became friends with Stephen Fry on the set of V for Vendetta. He's a cricket enthusiast so may be he got her into it (or at least bored her with some of the rules). No? Ok.

D

Darren Buser on June 16, 2009 at 11:49 PM said...

Good point. I wonder if Hugo Weaving is also into cricket. Maybe they set up a trashcan as stumps and played a little game between setups :-P

Post a Comment

 

The Commentary Position Copyright © 2009 BeepTheGeek is Designed by Gaganpreet Singh