Thursday, August 6, 2009

Can we drop the booing discussion now?


Even Ponting feels that fans should boo him and that it creates a great atmosphere.

"I have said for a long time that the Barmy Army are the best sporting crowd in the world. I don't care what sport you are talking about, or what country -- they are unbelievably good supporters. There is never anything untoward, it is always good light-hearted stuff, and when England have a sniff of winning the volume goes up tenfold. They add a lot to the whole experience of the Ashes."


Reminds me of the time I was at Newlands with some friends. It was back in the early days of High School and was a local game between Western Province and Free State (who are now rebranded to The McDonalds Cows and The Nashua Ricoh Aficio MP C5000 (50 ppm B&W, 50 ppm) Colour Printers, respectively). Nicky Boje was batting at the end of the Free State innings and he went out for...I can't remember really but lets say 2. He walked back to the members section, which took him right past our seats.

My friend then said, with sarcasm dripping, "well batted, Nicky". Nicky clearly didn't think as highly of his knock and turned to my friend, who was a 14 year old boy, and said some really nasty things. I can't remember what he said exactly...so let's just say he called him a queer Nazi lover.

The point of all that? Boo players. It's fun!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

The Commentary Position Copyright © 2009 BeepTheGeek is Designed by Gaganpreet Singh