Monday, November 16, 2009

This Man Is Now Your Problem, England


It's the early Christmas present I've always wanted! Robin Petersen is no longer eligible to play for South Africa!

Armed with a batting average of fuckall and a bowling average of shitloads, Robbie P has decided to persue options of a Kolpak contract.

The sad thing is that I should LOVE Robin. I love left handers because I'm a leftie. I love spin bowlers because I'm a spin bowler. I love middle order hitters because I drink beer. Unfortunately, Robbie was never really very good at any of those disciplines.

My favourite Robbie P memory is of Brian Lara carting him to all parts of the Wanderers for a world record 28 runs in one over in a test match. The sequence was 4, 6, 6, 4, 4, 4.

Robbie, please email me. roscoepalm@gmail.com. I'll pack your bags myself and carry you to the airport on my back with a big smile on my face.

There's only space for one Petersen in SA anyway. His name's Alviro.

4 comments:

Dan on November 16, 2009 at 11:56 PM said...

You mock now Roscoe, but just you wait four years when England return to South Africa. I can just imagine Robin Peterson luring Graeme Smith out his crease with a flighted delivery, him missing it and Kieswetter whipping off the bails. Trott and Pietersen will run over, high fives all round whilst giving Smith a send off along the lines of, "You thought you could hit a player of Robin's calibre out the ground? He doesn't have an ODI bowling average of 58.35 for nothing. You silly South African!"

That'd be sweet. Can't wait

Darren Buser on November 17, 2009 at 2:20 PM said...

If you think Roscoe dislikes Robin Peterson, you should hear his thoughts on Gulam Bodi.

Shaun Custers on November 17, 2009 at 6:41 PM said...

Ha ha, couldn't have said it better myself, good bye, you won't be missed.

Anonymous said...

If Robbie P can play for England, then so can I.

Post a Comment

 

The Commentary Position Copyright © 2009 BeepTheGeek is Designed by Gaganpreet Singh